The following are excerpts from some of the many testimonials received
by the FinAid® Page.
Testimonials from Financial Aid Administrators
- This site is terrific and we often refer students to it for information.
- - B. Rowe, Ohio University
- Just want to let you know I really think your page is wonderful!
Obviously a lot of hard work went into this!
- - D. Barkowitz, Lasell College
- Kudos to you for your work on the info page. It is a
wonderful collection of information. I am preparing affordability
seminars to present to parents of prospective students, & I found
several items in your collection to be very helpful. Keep up the good
- - K. Stevenson-McNeely, Davidson College
- After hearing so many kudos at NASFAA's conference in
Denver, I had to check out your page for myself. Wow, this is great.
I am extremely impressed by the page and the number of links to other
related information that you have organized here.
I will recommend this site to colleagues and students. Thanks.
- - D. Valdez
- Your page is GREAT! Really appreciate your efforts! Thanks.
- - E. Nicely, Sequoia Institute
- Thanks for such a terrific page. There is no parallel on the web.
- - K. Peters
- I just became aware of your page through the recent NASFAA
publication. I just wanted to send my commendation for a job well done.
As an old computer jock and a recent devotee of the WWW I am impressed.
- - N. Benedict, Alfred Tech
- I just wanted to say that your financial aid work for the
WWW is really impressive!
- - A. G. Gunia, Purdue University Calumet
- I am *VERY* impressed with your Financial Aid Information on
the Internet. I was a VP ten years for the CSS ... now retired. I've
looked at S.F.A. materials over many years - your work is the most
comprehensive by far. Congratulations.
- - J. Nelson
- I consistently share your site's location at all of my financial
aid nights, fairs, etc. ... as a matter of fact, the home page has
become a handout ... Thanks so much for all your hard work . . . you
and your staff have made my life somewhat easier...
- - T. Moncada, USIU
- If we haven't done this lately ... thank you from all of us
who use this and tell our students to use the site.
- - P. Gilligan, Berklee College of Music
- We love your page, at least those of us who are not computer
phobic, here in my office.
- - B. R. Dudley, San Francisco State University
- I am impressed by the service that you are providing to us
as financial aid officers and to the students of the nation.
- - J. Martin, Idaho State
- In case I haven't told you this, I have sung your praises
all over the place, and given the URL to many collegues all over the
country. You have created a very serviceable page....and I thank
- - A. Williams, UC Irvine
- I have been a financial aid administrator for over 20
years. The question I have heard most often during that time is: "How
do I find out about all those scholarships everyone else keeps telling
me about?". Now I tell students and parents to get someone with
online access, look up http://www.finaid.org, and get to work. Thanks
for making my job easier, and college more available to the bulk of
students I speak to. I can imagine the work that must go into the
upkeep of the site. Just wanted to let you know that it is truly
appreciated by all of us.
- - M. Chiffriller
- I am truly thankful to you for your knowledge and effort in
providing the kind of information that you have out on the net.
- - A. Pratt, Broward Community College
- Thanks for the great resource pages to the FAAs!
- - J. McCormick, University of Utah
- Mark--just stumbled onto your site...great!! I'm always
getting requests for this info, and have very little time to find/send
info...now I'll just give them your address and the others you
- - K. Williams
- One of our financial aid staff passed along information
about your page. I, in turn, passed the website address along to
several students. Those who have used your site give it an A+
rating. Thanks a bunch for making this information available!
- - M. Bushey
- Mark, I think your page is wonderfully unique. ... Thanks
for all the work you've put into it so far. It has been a great
resource to our office and our students.
- - K. Multop, Western Baptist College
- As you probably already know, your page has become the top
net resource for financial aid. I just wanted to take the time to say
thank you for creating such a useful site.
- - S. Tisinger, University of Wyoming
- Mark, This morning as I was getting ready for work, our
local NBC news affiliate - Channel 6 in Omaha NE ran a Kiplinger
report on you and your development of the financial aid pages. It was
nice to see a face to put with the person who has developed a
wonderful resource. ... Keep up the good work. I truly feel that as
time goes by that more and more of us are going to learn how to really
use the internet to set up web sites to promote our schools and the
functions within the school. It is truly the tool of the future.
Thank you for all your efforts.
- - C. Routh, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Congratulations on having been so instrumental in bringing
the financial aid world so quickly up to speed with the Internet.
- - J. A. Russo, University of Notre Dame
- You do an amazing job serving students and their
families. You have my utmost respect.
- - A. Henne
- The Kansas City Star sponsored a program entitled, "Making
College Affordable" to address the number one concern expressed by
high school students during a recent poll conducted by the newspaper.
To an audience of more than 400 parents, students, and other
interested participants, I presented a live demonstration of how to
access and use the Financial Aid Information Page. The
demonstration/presentation precipitated many, many comments from the
audience who now felt they had a "handle" on the financial aid
conundrum. The comments most often made about the page concerned the
sheer volume of useful information available all in one place, the
"scams" section, the information specific to special groups (females,
minority members, etc.) and the need/cost estimators. Because of
what it perceived as an outstanding response, the Star is making plans
to sponsor another, similar program in the Spring. I attribute a
great deal of the success of the presentation to my complete trust in
the integrity of Mark's information and the ease with which it
apparently can be used by those with little computer literacy. The
financial aid community has been searching for a comprehensive
resource like this for as many years as I have been in the profession
(11). It is gratifying to be able to showcase the Financial Aid
Information Page with such confidence as part of our community
- - C. Butler, Director of Financial Aid, Avila College, and
President, Missouri Association of Student Financial Aid
- Keep up the GREAT work!
- - C. Bender, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Mark, in case we don't tell you often enough, you're a
- - E. Frishberg, Johns Hopkins University
- We enjoy telling people about your FinAid® Page on the web. Thanks
for a great job.
- - T. Howard, University of Oregon
- I LOVE THE PAGE!
- - G. T. Whiddon, Tulane University
- Your web site is FABULOUS!!! I refer to it a lot, and always
get great information.
- - E. Urbanski, UMBC
- I don't know how you're managing to do all this, but your
site is becoming one of our most useful "tools" here at Syracuse
University as we expand into the electronic world.
- - K. Stevenson, Syracuse University
- We are truly impressed and reference your pages quite often,
as well as encouraging others for obtaining Financial Aid resource
information. Keep up the good work!
- - D. Overfelt, IUPUI
- I am still exploring the many different areas of your
information page. We here at the Office of Financial Assistance love
it and our students are quite excited about the wealth of information
it provides. Thanks!
- - M. Miley, College of Charleston
- Your Page is excellent for its thorough, timely, fair presentation.
- - L. B. Purutyan, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Thanks for all that you do for all of us.
- - C. Monahan, Tulane University
- I just recently had opportunity to look at your handiwork
and I must say I am quite impressed! Even used the financial aid
estimator, which was easy and worked quite well. Kudos to the
- - L. M. King, Linfield College
- I appreciate your dedication to this profession and all
you've done with this advanced technology!
- - P. James, Laramie County Community College
- You don't know me, but ... I want to thank you for the work
you've done on your web site. I have happily offered up your web site
at the financial aid nights I've done; more and more of our smaller
rural schools at least have one Internet hook-up in their library or
media center, and it's a great resource for them.
- - S. Kazin, Colgate University
- Just a short note to let you know what a fine job you have
done and continue to do on the FinAid® Page. It is nice to see that
someone is working towards helping students navigate the maze of
financial aid on the web. Keep up the good work !!!
- - B.L. Behm, Thomas Jefferson University
- I reviewed your pages. Needless to say, I was very
impressed with the detailed information you have available for ALL
- - B. Janice, Humboldt State University
- Mark, your work is fabulous!!!! I've made it mandatory
surfing for my institution's FAO. Thanks!!!
- - T. Smithwood
- Your web site has been a tremendous resource for us, and
we are so pleased to see that NASFAA recognizes its great importance
- - M. Enstrom, Wheaton College
- You should be proud of your site. It's unbelievably
- - M. Chambers
- I've been in aid for fifteen years and I have to commend you
for the Page. I use it a lot and recommend it to every group I talk
to. You're making a genuine contribution to the public good.
- - D. Welsh, Tunxis Comm-Tech College
- The FinAid® Page is an excellent resource for college
financial aid for practicing financial aid administrators as well as
parents and students seeking assistance. The FinAid®
Page is certainly the very best source of financial aid information on
the World Wide Web for anyone interested and willing to take the time
to utilize this rich resource. Mr. Kantrowitz is to be commended for
his tireless efforts to assist administrators, students, and parents
in better understanding the college financial aid process. In these
difficult economic times, it is encouraging to see such a wonderful
public service as the FinAid® Page available to truly assist those in need.
- - M. Alexander, Past President, California and Colorado
Associations of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- We rely on the depth and breadth of accurate information in
Mark Kantrowitz's Financial Aid Information Page to cover many
important financial aid topics. Mark's web site serves as a total
on-line library to students and families seeking guidance and data
about financing education. And the Financial Aid Information Page is
also a resource to Financial Aid Administrators trying to keep up with
regulation, technology and policy changes, while also providing
guidance to families and other constituents on many topics related to
financial aid. ... For Financial Aid Administrators and families looking
for a quick way to crunch financial aid numbers, Mark provides a
number of on-line calculators. Examples are the Financial Aid
Estimator, which Financial Aid Administrators value for its thorough
and fair explanations of expected family contribution, as well as the
Savings Plan Designer to help parents figure out how much to save to
reach their educational goals. And for families concerned with
educational loans and post-college repayment, Mark provides a number
of on-line calculators to help families prepare for and understand the
impact of using parent and student loans to finance school. The way he
presents the Scholarship Scam Alert is another example of the defining
characteristics of Mark Kantrowitz's Financial Aid Information Page:
thoroughness and accuracy in an easy-access format.
- - L. B. Purutyan, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Testimonials from Educators
- I must compliment you on your truly excellent financial aid
information page. We are the Higher Education Information Center in
Boston, and financial aid counseling is one of the things we do. Now
that the Internet has become an additional medium for information and
services, people are inquiring (and often confused) about the vast
amount of information out there. I constantly recommend and refer
people to your website (I especially like your extensive tips on
avoiding scams). There is no other single resource that comes close
to yours in terms of quality and comprehensiveness. ... Again, thank
you for giving the world the benefits of your efforts and for doing
such quality work.
- - C. Marra, Technology Specialist, Higher Education Information Center
- You have provided an excellent service! I am in the process
of finding information to do a presentation and I have found eveything
and more on your website. I will be passing along your address to my
- - A. Buske
- Love your page and publish your site address for students
and parents trying to find their way through the financial aid
maze. Lots of good information. Thanks!!
- - E.C. Duckrow, Guidance Counselor
- Just wanted to thank you for the fine presentation you made
at the ACT meeting in Columbia, Missouri. I ... really enjoyed
hearing your thoughts on web pages. Thanks again for the information
and for the FinAid® website. ... It is a great resource.
- - J. Dannels, Guidance Counselor
- You are a genius! I have just recently learned about your
homepage and I have visited the financial aid page several times!
Thanks you SO much for bringing us such valuable information!
- - M. Lunter, Guidance Counselor
- I just took a look at your "new and updated" page and I have
to compliment you on an *OUTSTANDING* job. This is a *wonderful*
service for our students. I advise senior students regularly on their
future plans and this is a great resource that I steer them to. Thanks
so VERY much!
- - M. Keisling
- Thanks for your well organized information. As a college
guidance counselor at a school with a heavy population of Native
American students, students with disabilities, older students, and
international students, it's nice to see even more available all in
one spot. I'm particularly impressed with the thoroughness of your
information for our gay and lesbian students. Thanks!
- - J. Dirks, Guidance Counselor
- Fantastic. Keep up the good work.
- - E.N. Duncan
- I am an Instructor of Naval Science at the University of Missouri's
Naval ROTC program. One of my favorite duties of this job is to serve
as the academic advisor to all the freshmen students in our program.
I have taken it upon myself to put together a financial aid booklet
for them and was just about through with my research when I 'stumbled'
across your WEB page. This is the most professional, informative, and
important resource I have ever found. I now hand my students your
Internet address and sit them at a computer the day they arrive. I
just wanted to thank you for putting together such an incredible "gold
mine" of financial aid resources. My students and I are greatly
appreciative of your dilligent work.
- - D. E. Antrim, Lieutenant, United States Navy
- I am sponsoring one of the first college fairs for my
church. Having done college recruiting for 5 years and having been an
educator even longer, I knew the information students should receive.
However, having it in your head and needing it on paper is two
different things. Not only am I able to provide the students with
quality information, but in addition, they have another source that
makes paying for college a reality. Thank you. Keep up the excellent
- - L. Simmons, Social Worker
- I would like to give you my congratulations for the exellent
job that you are doing about financial aid. Your information about
financial aid for foreign students allows me to get a wide view vision
about this topics, saving time and effort. Thanks for this.
- - Dr. M. Salazar Castellon
- I was relieved and pleased to find your site. The tips on
scams, graduate and distance learning, scholarships for specific
groups were all interesting. I will be following up with students on
some ideas you offered. Thanks.
- - S. Green, Social Worker
- Thank you who ever you are for such an excellent resource. The
financial aid links you have put together are simple, succinct, and
worth every word. I have been trying to find this kind of information
but little avail. Finding this has been a Mother Lode!
- - S. Spinell
- Thanks for a fine page -- well defined, excellent menu of
choices, good references and data. A joy to find a really
professional page that is intuitive and non-technical and immediately
- - S. Davidson
- Mark, I saw your page on the news and I am pleased to no end
to see this resource. Keep up the good work. Thanks loads.
- - M. Bennett
Testimonials from Librarians
- This is a superb page! Sensible & easily-navigated
organization/layout, concise annotations, links are all useful.
- - P. Moskow, Librarian
- Thanks for the financial aid web site. I am a librarian at
a small branch in San Diego. About a month ago I discovered that
someone had walked off with ALL of the financial aid information in
our modest reference collection. Needless to say I was NOT amused.
Anyhow, your page will prove useful in the interim while I purchase
new hard copy and will be a great supplement when the books are
available. Thanks again.
- - J. Albrecht, Librarian
- I refer about ten people per day to the site, and I think
its one of the most impressive information sources on the Web. I have
yet to encounter the general question about financial aid that doesn't
have a detailed answer here. Thanks.
- - D. Mitchum, Online Librarian, The Foundation Center
Testimonials from Financial Planners
- The Financial Aid web-page has demonstrated a high quality
level of service to those who are seeking the same high-quality level
- - M. Neville, Financial Planner
- I found this web site to be very well organized and
extremely useful. The links to related websites, calculators and
narrative make this a valuable site to both novice and professional.
I am sending this website address to all of my clients. Thank you for
your obvious dedication and hard work in creating such a wonderful
tool that will help so many people.
- - B. Hufnell, CPA
Testimonials from Parents
- This is by far the most comprehensive resource for all things
related to financing college. The explanations are clear and
to the point. I have returned to this site multiple times for
guidance and review. Kudos to the folks who research and
write the content. Don't know what I would have done if such
a resource were not available! THANK YOU!!
- - L. Fitzsimmons
- Just a quick note to tell you your FinAid® Page is VERY, VERY
HELPFUL! It's got everything for a quick start on finding aid
- - J. Wade
- Just wanted to say Thank You very much for this valuable
- - R. Chewning
- I found your financial aid homepage. It is very informative, and
Having a junior in high school, your offering will be one place that I
will find invaluable, and will visit often.
Thank you for providing this information.
- - T. Villareal
- I'd like to thank you for providing this wealth of
resources. You are to be commended for the enormous amount of work
that went into this site. ... I know how much time went into making
this site the valuable resource it is for parents and students. Thanks.
- - R. M. Goodman
- I just discovered the FinAid® page. What a great
- - L. O'Brien
- I found your pages to be wonderfully helpful. I just opened
up an IRA and wanted to know what to expect, what to invest. Your
pages are great!
- - M. Paluch
- Wow! I found your page from the YAHOO magazine. This is
just what I've been looking for. Your page is unbelievable.
Hopefully it will save me some money, help to find scholarships,
grants or whatever. Thanks a million!!
- - P. Mueller
- Just wanted to drop a note to let you know how GREAT I think
your financial aid page is. ... We got many valuable leads as to money
which could be available for her from your page. ... Your page has
given her the opportunity to be rewarded for all her years of hard
work. Thanks again.
- - S. J. Sakalouckas
- Thanks for the info on this web site. It was truly eye
opening and most helpful. College is very expensive but you are
helping to make it a little more affordable.
- - T. Forlano Jr.
- My personal thanks for a job well done for helping so many
frustrated parents trying to offer a chance for their kids to go to
college. Your page is fantastic!
- - J.A. Hogan
- This site is great. I wish I had used it earlier. I will
be visiting it again in the near future. Thanks for helping to make
frustrated parents, like me, a little more at ease.
- - M. Muto
- Many thanks for your incredibly helpful website! It is well
organized, easy to use and saved me hours of library time. A
Grateful Parent Who Seems to have Survived The Multitude of Forms with
Help from your Site!
- - L. Gardner
- You have done an excellent job on these pages. I ... found
them invaluable for assessing our own situation with regard to
financing our children's education. Thank you for your efforts.
- - Dr. J. D. Melvin
- Thank you VERY much for having the Title IV Codes on
line. Once I found the site my search had ended. I have spent hours
searching through the home pages of colleges my son is interested in
and it is unbelievable that even though they have Financial Aid pages
with tons of info regarding the filing of the FAFSA, they do not give
their Federal Code to ensure their school receives the information.
- - C. Petroff
- Your resource information is great, easy to use and
- - Anonymous
- Thanks for this excellent service. As much as it is
disconcerting to see this estimate, I guess I feel better knowing.
I'll be back to look for scholarships and any other tips you may have.
- - K. Fuller
- Just came across your page on the net. Very imformative,
keep up the good work!
- - R.G. Miller
- A cohort told me about this page. Thanks for all your work
on it. It's great.
- - F. Knight
- Thanks again for your public-service spirit. I know you'll
be a HUGE SUCCESS in whatever you decide to do with the kind of
attitude you've demonstrated. WELL DONE.
- - Anonymous
- Absolutely amazing! Congratulations for a really well
organized and efficient site. Many sincere thanks!
- - K. Smet
- I have used your website several times and have found it to
be a real public service. Today, in trying to locate Title
IV codes, the Dept. of Ed. computer must be shut down but
your Title IV codes proved to be quick and easy to access.
Thank you for your help.
- - B. Goldfarb
- It is definitely in my top 10 sites of all time...really
incredible. I've been using it in helping student friends of my
daughter, too. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
- - E. D. Estevez
- Your web site is just what I needed. I really appreciate
the EFC calculator. At least we can see what direction we are
- - Anonymous
- Thanks so much for putting the Title IV codes on the web.
I live and work in Seoul Korea. We missed a number on our applcation
and the FAFSA was going to go to the wrong school. The instructions
say just go to the local college or high school to get the
codes. Right?! Over here information sent to the military schools
like that goes fourth class which takes two months or more by boat. A
'free' 800 call costs $1.50-$3.00 per minute. What a relief to jump
on the information highway and obtain the correct codes in mere
- - T. Hoff
- Like any responsible parent, I want what's best for my
daughter and have only recently purchased this computer let alone
gaining access to the "net". For nights we've searched for information
on financial aid and thank God we came across you page. I was very
impressed with the way it was set up and the content and I do intend
on passing the word along about it to as many concerned parents and
their children as possible. And I have to say this, what I also like
is your honesty. There are many people out there that are having a
hard enough time without being taken advantage of by the multitude of
"scams". It's worth the trip to your homepage for the SCAM ALERT
- - S. Gourdine
- I'm new at this, trying to figure out how to finance my
kids' education. THANK YOU for the Financial Aid Calculator. I had
asked lots of professionals to point me toward similar software, and I
got nothing but blank stares. I was beginning to think this formula
was a State secret! Again, thanks!
- - J. Gaines
- Just heard about your website this morning on National
Public Radio, and browsed it while waiting for scandisk to complete on
my PC. Good Stuff! I especially liked the section on scams. Lots of
good info there -- a well-thought-out presentation. Thanks for
thinking of this and doing it!
- - J. Brown
- Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. I only
visited for a few minutes but I got several valuable bits of info.
- - C. Hawkins
- Just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know that
your Web Page for financial aid data is superb. I have a son in his
Freshman year and have found little comprehensive data discussing aid
until I found your page.
- - M. Potkin
- We thank you for the service of your financial aid website.
It is a great help in determining and understanding the financial aid
process for the first timer.
- - The Weatherly's
- I am the father of two kids. As such, I was delighted to
come across the FinAid® WWW Page and plan to use it extensively. To put
it simply, something like this represents the U.S. at its best -
generating and sharing high quality practical information via a
wonderful tool made possible by technology (namely the Internet).
- - V. Chandrasekhar
- Ran across this site of yours about aid, grants,
scholarships, etc. Thank you so much for allowing this site to even
exist. I was so surprised to actually find it. I wish I had found it
a little sooner. Anyway it was a GREAT help to me. I am doing the
research for my daughter for college.
- - Anonymous
- I wish I had known about your financial aid web site when I
was in the process of filling our the federal financial aid forms. I
am currently enrolled as an undergrad student at ... My son will be
starting college this fall. Just remembering to call for the Title IV
school codes was a chore. It was very helpful to see the calculation
you came up with for our 1997-98 projected aid. I hope to spend more
time looking around here!
- - D. Hanser
- May you live long and prosper!!! All Gods bear witness, ward
well these noble ones!!! Superb site!!! Many, many thanks.
- - T.P. Reilly
- I've been meaning to tell you how great this site is. I am
a first timer, working with my daughter, now in her Senior Year in HS.
This site, with its many Links has been a real wealth of information.
I have a lot more work to do....but this site has made it easier to
- - T. Hinders
- Very good. The information is wonderful. Keep up the good work.
- - H.L. Green
- My compliments on an Excellent site and resource. You are
to be praised for your efforts.
- - Anonymous
- Thanks very much for the information. Your service is terrific. I
cannot imagine a more comprehensive source of financial information for
information-starved, anxious parents.
- - A. D. Shirer
- I'm a parent suffering from "bureaucratic forms overload"
You don't know what a relief finding your site has been this
morning. Several niggling bits of info (such as Title IV codes) were
located quickly by using your page, saving me time and headache.
- - M.L. Wilson
- I just wanted to thank all of you who maintain this page and
the free associated services, especially the Title IV codes for
colleges. This is yet another example of the true benefits of the
- - B. Zalneraitis
- This is an incredible service you're providing. Why is it
free? Not that I would have paid, of course, but I'm sure there're
thousands out there who would. ... From the bottom of my heart, and on
behalf of my children, THANK YOU!
- - N. Blumberg
- Incredible resource you have provided. Many, many thanks
form a totally overwhelmed parent.
- - P. Fischer
- The financial aid estimator is wonderful, and you are a
saint. I have twin daughters at ..., now in their third year. I wish
I had this estimator when they were originally applying. It would
have really helped me understand what was going on. ... I found some
magazine articles back then, but nothing as good as your page. Thanks
- - B. Dietz
- I have just received my SAR for my daughter, and I did the
financial aid form you have on the web. They are within $20, so your
form works very well!
- - M. Guenther
- Thanks for providing invaluable information on student aid and
especially for the search capability for Title IV School Codes. I'm
filling out two FASFAs for my sons and all the gov.ed sites were down.
This is the only other place I could find the information.
You're a life saver!
- - D. Gumm
- Exceptional website!! Great information to use/make
decisions with as a parent of college aged children. Love the
"links" too. Keep up the good work!
- - E. Schell
- I think your site is
excellent, and we particularly appreciate the estimator. Thanks! I'm
sure it's a lot of work to create and maintain.
- - E. Teska
- I just disccovered this page after reading about it in Money
Magazine. I wanted to let you know how impressed I am with its
scope. I have a high school junior. I suspect I will be visiting this
page a lot over the next few years, so will my daughter.
- - G. Morrissy
- I can't thank you enough for your work in making this
information available to us. Keep up the great work you are doing and
be assured we all appreciate it. Thank you.
- - J. Bradley
- Not many folks are willing to give out anything that might
benefit others....WITHOUT....holding out their hand to be PAID! You
need to be COMMENDED for being an honest and GENEROUS SOUL!!
Sooo...I'm COMMENDING YOU!!! :) :)
- - N. Stoliby
- Recently needed to fill out an application for student loan,
and couldn't find the Title IV code for the school anywhere. Went to
RIT home page, linked up with you, and VOILA - AS SIMPLE AS BREATHING
(WELL, ALMOST). THIS IS WHAT THE WEB IS ALL ABOUT. KEEP UP THE GREAT
- - S. M. Ross
- Thank you for putting this page together. As the father of a college
bound senior I found it both informative and useful. Keep up the good
- - J. Donovan
- I utilized your service on the WWW and found it be extremely
helpful in my search for colleges/universities for my son. I was able
to contact all of the colleges/universities he was interested in. This
service was simple to use and very educational. As our son is the
first to enter college, I was thrilled to find this service
on-line. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
- - L. Sylvain
- Invaluable information, especially the resources on
financial aid and scholarships. This is quite a maze and hopefully a
managable task. This is the first of three we have to send to
college. Thanks for the great insights.
- - J. McBride
- I just found your site today, and have already recommended
it to another parent. You offer a wealth of information, and I thank
you for it. I expect to be back here a number of times.
- - J. Murphy
- Thanks for the wealth of information that you offer. It
makes the task of applying to college somewhat less daunting.
- - K. Fugowski
- Just want you to know that your website is a TREMENDOUS
resource! I needed 5 TITLE IV school codes on a Sunday afternoon.
Found that the USDOE server was down. With a little trial-and-error,
I found everything I needed right here. Many thanks! :-)
- - K. Schaack
- What a jewel of a site. My oldest son has wanted to go to
college as far back as I can remember. He is going into sixth
grade. He is very bright and loves school. The fear of not being able
to help much when it comes to college is scary. This is a great place
to explore my options. Thank you for providing this free information.
- - L. Brownell
- Thanks. My nephew is a sophomore and is just beginning the
process of looking at colleges. This information from your pages
reassures me that it is possible for an ordinary person to make an
intelligent start. Thanks so much.
- - P. Young
- Thank you! As a parent trying to manage my son's last year
in high school alone, I'm delighted to find this resource. There
aren't many places anymore where folks actually try to be helpful
without instant (cash) gratification, this clearly is one of those places.
I'm very grateful.
- - M. Cain
- I was very excited to find this helpful college financial
aid planning guide. I was horrified to see what our expected annual
contribution would be for our son's education! But, having this
knowledge is better than stumbling around in denial. I have only
begun looking at what you offer, but I'm sure my son and I will be
spending lots of time on this. ... Thank you so much.
- - S. Matthews-Jensen
- Thank You VERY MUCH for all of the information available
through this web site!!!! I found many many useful items here.
- - S. Meyer
- Excellent information page and calculator to help students
and parents alike to realize how financial aid is calculated. ... Just
wanted to let you know that I think you have done a great job with
this web site and I have the dream that some day maybe this site will
be unnecessary and education will be free for all that work for
it. Thank you!
- - S. Levangie
- I was at the meeting at "THE CARNEGIE" ... What I wanted to
get to in this email is that we really enjoyed what you had to say.
It was by far the most vital information of the day. And I tried your
home page -- it also was (and will be) of great value to us. Keep up
the good work.
- - D. Kaufman
- Thank you for all your hard work on the Financial page.
I am sure it has saved me alot of time and energy in my search to help
a student from Africa that has been financially abandoned by her
father. Wish us luck, and again, thank you!
- - Tim
- Thanks again for your efforts on behalf of students in need
of financial help - and their parents.
- - J. Nourse
- I was searching for financial aid information for my son ... and
discovered this page. I wish it was available 2 years ago when he was
a High School Senior. ... Again, Thank You for your excellent service!
You deserve the award that you recently received.
- - B. Rinaldi
- This is a WONDERFUL web site. Thank you for posting.
- - S. Gosnold
Testimonials from Students
- Thank you so much for the information that you have
provided. I am an international student from Zambia (Central
Africa). It's hard to get financial aid, but I appreciate all the
information you provided. Keep up the good work.
- - S. Chishimba
- I would like to say thank you for introducing me to the
various scholarship services that I am now using. ... Once again thank
you for providing a starting ground for college students looking for
- - S. Coman
- Congratulations on a very well designed and informative
site! Keep up the good work.
- - P.J. Raval
- I just want to send a quick note to thank you personally for your
service. The information that you provide is very valuable to many
students, such as myself, seeking financial sources for education. Thank
you for a well produced center of information.
- - J. K. Palermo
- Thank you for your very informative page on financial aid.
It is very helpful.
- - G. Staples
- Great work! This page was very helpful. It was great for
finding the Title IV code.
- - R. Sturz
- Fantastic service! ... I tried the EFC: I always
wanted to know how to figure out this amount in advance. I told
several people about this Website...their reactions were, "It's
- - N. Wagner
- Thanks for the great page - I may have a chance to finance
my education yet!!
- - I. Streimish
- I found the resources at your site (finaid.org) to be
- - K. Heim
- Thanks for the great service you provide with
this web site.
- - K. Krieger
- Just wanted to say a quick thank you to all those who put up and
maintain this site -great job!
- - T.J. Tappe
- I write you from Peru (South America). ... Again thanks for the
so large support that you make to the youth of the world.
- - J. Pozo
- I will simply like to say thank you so much for the
imformation provided here. The page provides a lot of valuable help
for international students like me who plan to apply to U.S
- - K. Abiola
- I just wanted to say thank you for establishing this site.
I've tried other pages and most of them are maze after maze to find
what I need. Here it's all in one spot. Once again thank you very
- - R. Stabile
- I would like to congratulate you for having such a wonderful
page about College Financial Aid. The pages are well organized and
easy to understand.
- - C. Romero
- Finding your page was the best. I'm using it as a resource
for my return to school and have in turn told people also looking for
help. I've never taken out financial aid before and find that your
page has answered many basic questions for me. Thank you.
- - M. Monnich
- Let me commend you for an outstanding site! Very nicely and
logically laid out.
- - K. Keller
- I just received the new issue of PC Magazine, and I just wanted to
congradulate you on a great job! I wish I had this info when I was in
College and needed it.
- - A. Holtz
- Thank you so much for providing this webpage. It is a great
service. I am a senior applying for financial aid and frantically
trying to find the Title IV codes and this was a total
lifesaver. Thanks again.
- - Anonymous
- I just wanted to say thanks for this great financial aid
page. You've done some great things and this is definitely one of
them. Thank you!
- - D. DeLuca
- I just wanted to thank you for providing this user-friendly
page dedicated to pre-med and medical srudents. It really helped me
to get a greater grasp of what I am planning for my life. Thanks
- - K. Hesse
- Keep up the good work!!! It is truly a wonderful collection
of data from different sources.
- - S. Rao
- This is a very helpful for all students. I only wish I had
learned more about the Internet and all that was avaible to me earlier
on in my college career!
- - K. McNamara
- As a medical student, the financial aid numbers are
staggering. I almost tried to work the EFC formula out by hand...but
then I found your website. I really appreciate the on-line worksheet
you provide. I plugged in actual numbers from my award letter and the
expected contributions from your worksheet paralleled the actual
numbers superbly. Next year's financial aid planning is already in
the works. Thanks a ton!
- - K. Cheng
- I am ... writing to thank you for the service you have made
available to students searching for financial aid. ... This service
is very easy to move around in, and has thorough directions for
locating other sources. Once again thank you for your hard work. It is
- - E. Beck
- I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks. The
information I was able to get of this site was very helpful and has
made things a lot easier for me. Keep up the good work.
- - E. Randall
- This is a very good program and I would just like to
commend everyone who has worked dilegently to make it happen.
- - N. Schneider
- I just wanted to thank you for your advice. You are doing a
great service for college students. I hope you are aware of all the
good you are doing. Once again thank you for all your help.
- - J. Saltsman
- You provide a great service to those of us who have a lot to
learn about the subject. Keep up the good work and take care.
- - P. Anthony
- Congratulations on your excellent and well-organized Web
page! I discovered it the other day searching for rather specific
financial aid information.
- - M. Carlson
- Thank you for the detailed information that you took the
time to place on INTERNET. As an older female undergraduate student
... I can assure you that for many of the younger people this
information can be very important; and as a "mature" Junior ... this
information, personally, has/is/will be useful for me as I struggle to
find $$$ to finish my undergraduate degree ... So, Thank You for the
- - J. M. Kirk
- Thank you for this heap of needed information. ... I have
been frustrated beyond words in locating the information I need, in
one place! Sincere appreciation from a starving but better off for
finding you student!!
- - A. Hendrix
- Thanks for a very helpful service.
- - B. Garrett
- Your financial aid page has been a very valuable resource
for me; thanks for the effort.
- - S. A. Mathan
- Thank you from a very grateful student applying to medical
school. There is a lot to be aware of out there in the world, so it
is nice to have some resources to turn to at the point of a mouse!
Thanks for this service, it is greatly appreciated!
- - Anonymous
- I just wanted to thank you for having the Title IV codes so
readily available. I have been searching for them for quite some
time. You really made my day because the postmark deadline is in 1
hour and 45 min for my FAFSA form and with out the codes I would have
missed it. Thanks Again!
- - M. Ketterman
- Thank you so much for your Scholarship Scam Alert. ... I
haven't seen the rest of your site since I wanted to write to you
right away after reading your Scholarship Scam Alert. It's a wonderful
page. ... Your site it a valuable resource on the web and as
beneficial to students as a scholarship award. ... Thank you again for
- - S. Oshiro
- I have found your Financial Aid Information Page to be one
of the most useful and comprehensive lists that I have ever found on
the Internet. ... Finally, the internet actually lives up to its potential
to allow for mass collections of data and information; since this is
not done without tremendous amounts of monotonous labor, never mind
time and effort, my sincerest thanks for what is truly a wonderful web
- - M. Jetton
- I think this site is great and gives many students the
oppurtunity to find out what is really out there. Thank you for
having this site and providing information for me and others to come.
This is a very helpful area.
- - J. Fendenheim
- Hello. I was just writing to inform you that your site/page was very
helpful to me. I will be college-bound in about 2 yrs, & I need all the help
I can get. Thank you very much for all the helpful info.
- - R.S.M.
- Just like to take a moment to thank you for coming to my
rescue. After a very frustrating search across too many addresses to
count, I finally found my Title IV scool code with you. Thanks
- - J. Feltham
- Thank you for your information for international students!
This is the best thing I've seen so far. This is exactly what I've
been looking for. Thank you!!!
- - M. Burkova
- Just wanted to say this is the best thing a student with
Internet access can find! Your service really helped in my search for
funds and is very much appreciated. Thanks again.
- - J. Stanik
- Thank you for providing the Title IV institution code
- - K. Robertson
- Thanks, Finaid! I just wanted to give you some
encouragement and say that I think what you're doing is great. I hope
that you continue to offer such a variety of sources in the future.
Keep up the good work.
- - J. Burkhart
- I admire your work, guys. You're doing a great favor to all
international students, I am one of them. Thank you very much, we all
appreciate your time and effort.
- - Valery Gurin
- I found your address in the US News & Report. Let me say
that I have been surprised at the amount of helpful information that I
was able to find. I love the format & I really appreciate the
information about grad schools. I don't have a lot of free time, and
this service is GREAT!!!! Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!
- - D. Drumgoole
- Wow! I am so very impressed by the vast amount of very
USEFUL information that your page contains. Your page helped me get
some of the answers that I have been looking for. I haven't found
another web site that has as many facts and resources as yours. You
are doing a great job! Thanks for the help!
- - A. Callais
- I just wanted to say Thank You SO MUCH for providing this
page. This is the first place I've found info on International
Student aid. I have been scrounging for sources and was beginning to
think there were none available. You've given me hope.
- - T. L. Simon
- Thank you for a very informative web site. I found it chock
full of useful information and links to other great resources. Well
- - T. Smith
- Thanks for your great organization on aid for those interested in
studying in other countries. After wandering around dead ends on the
web for a while, I found so many promising leads on your site!
Keep it up!
- - B. Rose
- Hi. Just wanted to let you know that you have done a fine job organizing what
can be a mess of confusing information. I am doing a huge class project on
financial aid for higher education and have found this site extremely useful.
- - B. Henry
- Allow me to compliment you on your service, I found it
useful, efficient, well organized and the output is going to help me
a lot in my search for money.
- - D. Hummel
- I love your Web page!
- - M. Forillo
- I have been searching the web for a while now, looking for
financial aid sources. I will be a med student next year. Most of
what I came across was "pay us to look for scholarships for you"
services. Your free, very complete advice is much appreciated.
- - E. Storm
- I believe that this page is a wonderful idea.
Thank you. It helped me out a lot when trying to find the Title IV codes.
Thank you again.
- - J. Heinly
- Thank you so much for creating this website! It provides such an
invaluable service to high school students like myself who are
struggling with information (or lack of information!) about colleges,
scholarships, etc. I cannot even begin to tell you how much your
efforts have helped me in this process.
At my high school, we have very little information available about
financial aid, colleges and universities, etc. I am currently working
with one of my teachers on developing a career and counseling center.
Of course, the address to your website is displayed prominently on the
wall of the center! I will definitely recommend the Financial Aid
Information Page to my fellow classmates, my teachers, and counselors.
Thanks again for all your work! Keep it up!
- - K. Hall
- I just wanted to thank all of those resposible for adding
the Lesbian/Gay scholarship information. I really appreciate your
help. It is not always easy finding information on the subject.
- - Anonymous
- I just wanted to compliment you on this financial-aid site.
... I have been frustrated in my efforts to obtain scholarship and
fellowship information. This site was very helpful. Keep up the good
work and thanks!
- - K. Young
- Your site is very helpful. I can't believe how much information I
obtained. Now I'm not so worried about paying for grad school since I
see how much money is out there. Thank you!
- - K. DeBonis
- Hello! I just wanted to say thank you for creating such a
helpful and user friendly web site for students and parents! It has
been a tremendous source of information for me. I really love it!
- - Anonymous
- Wow, what wonderful information, free for the asking.
Your's is a terrific service to those of us wanting to continue our
education and needing some financial help to do it. A big thank you!
- - C. Driscoll
- Great Page! Great Information! Kneel and be knighted!
- - M. Manfredi
- Fantastic!!!! Very comprehensive and user friendly.
- - N. Liberati
- Congratulations for the information provided, please keep
improving your service.
- - O. Siverio
- Keep up the good work on your WWW page! It is a very
useful resource, and user friendly, too (bonus!). Thanks again for your
- - C. King
- I recently visit your financial aid web page ... and I have
to say thank you. I have yet seen a more organized and
user friendly web page than yours. ... Thank you for
all of your help. I will continue using your web page and will recommend
it to others. You got my word of mouth on this.
- - E. Wilson
- Thanks for your web work.
- - J. Calore
- You have done an absolutely magnificent
job with your website. It is an invaluable resource, especially when a
visitor to our site has a question not related to Texas Guaranteed Student
- - P. Boman, Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation
- Thanks for creating such a wonderful resource site.
- - D. Scott, Consumer Credit Counseling Service
- Congratulations on receiving the Jefferson Medal! Your Web page is
absolutely great and you deserve the honor!
- - M. McKiernan, UNIPAC Service Corporation
- Your dedication to providing accurate and helpful information to
students is most impressive if not also inspiring!
- - J. Anson, American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine
- We are greatful for the ability to refer consumers to a free
research tool! Since most financial aid applicants have limited
incomes, this free tool has been a godsend. ... I give an unqualified
"thumbs up" to the page.
- - V. Dodds, Manager, State Financial Aid Programs, Minnesota
Higher Education Services Office
- Your tireless efforts to publish, on your Financial Aid
Information web page, the most comprehensive financial aid
information, as well as to educate the public to fraudulent
scholarship offers has provided an invaluable public service.
- - R. E. Pesqueria, Executive Directory, The College Board Western
- Mark, what an extraordinary effort is your "Financial Aid
Information" website! How did this work come about? What motivates
you to continue updating it? How much time do you spend/month
maintaining it? What will you do with it after you graduate? I am
just blown away. You've been so generous with your time (in compiling
this information) and with your spirit (in going to the trouble
necessary to maintain a website)!
- - M. Osborn, Resource Pathways, Inc.